Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Coach Bowles' Pump It Up Email

It has been an awesome year on the Grid Iron for the boys. We have had many opportunities for growth as individuals and as a team. It has been very fun for me, as a coach, to work with them and see them get better at what they love to do. I already consider the year a success no matter how the rest of the season pans out. As we come to the end of the season it looks like we stand a strong chance of entering post season play. This will be great for the boys to take their game to the next level. With all the focus and dedication each one of them has shown, and each of you parents have shown, it can be very rewarding.

Throughout the season we as coaches have talked to the boys about their level of intensity to start the games and playing their very best from the first whistle to the last. We have promised them if they do this there is not a team in the league we can't compete with and we believe that. Football at this age for some can be intimidating and physically draining as many of them are playing their hearts out on very hot days, and it may be difficult for them. This is where you come in as fans of your children and fans of our West Point Jr. Pee Wee Falcons "Dirty Birds". This week is a huge game for us and will determine the rest of the season. One of the very best motivators, looking back at my own years playing sports, has been not only my parents cheering for me but the entire stands going crazy for our team even if we were down on the score board. That alone makes a huge difference to the boys. I hear many of you cheer, however, I think we can do better right from the first whistle to the last whistle. I believe with an entire community cheering for them even if it is only 23 families in the community it will motivate these kids to play at a level I don't know they believe is possible. Let's come together as parents and fans and let these kids know we believe in them no matter the situation on the field. Let's get loud for our boys on Saturdays!

This Saturday after the game, the boys asked for a quote as they usually do and I told them 'Happiness is in the Journey'- I believe that. Let's make these last few games for the boys as memorable as we possibly can. I appreciate your support and trust with the boys. It means a lot to me to work with them on the football field. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don’t matter and and those that matter don’t mind."-Dr. Seuss. God Bless each of you and Go Dirty Birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment